Friday, October 30, 2009

Taylor Halloween Tradition

Every year for halloween we carve pumpkins as a Taylor family. Even when we were little, my dad always great massive pumpkins. I remember we use to take the biggest one, load it up in the truck and take it out to the convenience store, and have a "guess how much it weighs" contest. Its been in our blood for a long time. Well since we have all gotten married, and had kids we have continued to get together. Its always alot more work for the adults than the kids, but everyone enjoys it.

This year was the first year Reegan really cared about helping, and as soon as I got the top cut open, he told me it was stinky and he was done. It was the thought that counts I guess... We had a great dinner of soup and home-made bread, and then spent the night carving away. I am glad that we continue to do this and share the memories with our kids.

Mason kept calling it a monster, and he and Reegan would run around and yell at it.
Dallas and Brinley had fun. Brinley told me that her little pumpkin was at her house, and that these pumpkins were not for her.




Reegan was so happy with my ending pumpkin. They are on our front porch, next to the little ones we got for him and Kendall. We went to the U-pick pumpkin patch here in town, and he LOVED picking the ones he wanted. He made sure that we got one for sister also. He sure loves her!

No comments: